Educators who have high expectations for themselves would constantly be learning and growing by doing such things as:
- Attending conferences, seminars, and workshops to learn and to network with others who want to do quality work
- Finding a mentor and participate in cognitive coaching
- Reading books and articles
- Keeping a reflection journal to determine what went well and what could be improved
- Participating in action research projects
In other words, the teacher who had high expectations would be to be the head learner in the classroom and the principal who had high expectations would be to be the head learner in the school.