Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Principals and Spiritual Leadership

When I was at BYU working on my doctorate I wrote a paper for one of my classes about the leadership of principals and diverse learners. My conceptual framework was:
  • Principals have the potential to have an impact on student academic achievement
  • Diverse learners have specific, unique needs that, if met contribute to their academic success
  • The principles and attributes of spiritual leadership complement the needs diverse learners have to be successful
  • Principals who become spiritual leaders will help diverse learners experience greater academic success

My hypothesis became: Principals who approach their educational leadership role as a spiritual leader will be more effective in helping diverse learners be academically successful. Therefore, over the next few blog postings we'll explore what it means to be a spiritual leader and what it takes to become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment